I am making a concerted effort to find great and affordable Mercury Eats Gold Palaut and this one is from a recent batch by Ajarn Hom, who I must photograph soon as this is a rare Wicha! If you look at the original photograph that was taken as soon as these were made, you will see how bright they were but they are now starting to age beautifully. This is typical of this type of Burmese magic and in time, i expect that these will turn black and have one hell of a presence. He has made these in 3 different shapes and sizes and these are for putting into an amulet round the neck, so for contrast I put them in a small copper case, which also helps affordability.
These Palaut are very difficult to produce because the kata and samathi of the maker has to be very strong indeed, strong enough to change the metallurgy of the mixture. These pieces are instilled with the makers spiritual qualities while being produced, as the alchemical process is controlled by kata. I adore these as this type of magic has had a great effect on my life and continue to do so.
This is a large piece of an amalgam of mercury, gold and samlit which is legendary for pulling luck to the bearer, and it is important to have it open in the traditional way because then it can be touched for the direct transfer of power. These Datlon like to eat gold, which can be done by wrapping gold leaf around it as it boosts its power. It helps to rub the Datlon on the nose first as the grease from the skin helps the gold leaf stick, which is why these are best left open. They also appreciate a drop of honey as an offering and to gain their luck or influence at any time, just touch the amalgam.
A Mercury Amalgam has 5 functions.
1. It can remove illness from the body and you may feel this amulet moving sound your body when first wearing it. It can take time to get used to wearing this piece.
2. Protects the owner from black magic, ghosts, poisonous animals, accidents and danger.
3. Brings good luck and wealth and even reputedly pulls the luck and good fortune from others.
4. These are also a reflection of the owner's destiny. When it is bright, the destiny is good but if it dulls, take care. It is a natural omen.
5. They also lift the spirit and place the bearer in the position of having direct contact with the maker.
With these items there is no set kata, just follow the precepts and say Namo Dtassa. I will put a few sheets of 100% gold leaf in with this ring to start you off but the effect of feeding these with gold is wonderful.
Measures 0.75" and highly recommended.