These are original Palaut from Burma that have been sourced from a maker who passed away, and these were found this way in his workshop. They appear to be at least 10 years old and the Palaut are HUGE, measuring just under 2cm! They also have a pea of metal inside so they can act like a Palaut Khrau for warning of danger but the sound is not loud, so I am not advertising them as a Palaut Khrau. These mercury amalgams represent the purity of the maker because he instills the piece with his own magical and spiritual qualities while being produced. The process is controlled by kata and the Wicha for this is Burmese.
I have the two of these, one made from mercury and Samlit that is edged in silver and one from mercury and iron, which is edged in copper and all pull luck to the bearer. These were mounted in this way because it is important that is can be touched for the direct transfer of power, whenever you need a magical lift. These Palaut also like to eat gold, which can be done by wrapping gold leaf around it as it boosts its power and I will enclose a few sheets of real gold to start you off. They also appreciate a drop of honey as an offering.
A Mercury Amalgam has 5 functions.
1. It can remove illness from the body and you may feel this amulet moving sound your body when first wearing it. It can take time to get used to wearing this piece.
2. Protects the owner from black magic, ghosts, poisonous animals, accidents and danger.
3. Brings good luck and wealth and even reputedly pulls the luck and good fortune from others.
4. These are also a reflection of the owner's destiny. When it is bright, the destiny is good but if it dulls, take care. It is a natural omen.
5. They also lift the spirit and place the bearer in the position of having direct contact with the maker.
These have no set kata, just follow the precepts and say Namo Dtassa and try to keep the precepts.
Superb and rare items, and way bigger than the Thai Palaut currently on the site in rings.